[Ardour-Users] Sound from right to left

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Apr 18 07:08:53 PDT 2010

Daniel Hawthorn wrote:
> It sounds like you're looking for "automation"
> -- http://en.flossmanuals.net/Ardour/UsingAutomation
>
> You can program the fader to start hard right and gradually move to
> the left as the track progresses.
>
> On Apr 18, 2010, at 7:26 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> teza wrote:
>>> Hi all, still try to make effect in Adour. I would like to start sound
>>> from the right speaker and pann it to the left speaker. I try to use the
>>> Adour manual but doesn't work. Could you help
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards
>>> Teza
>>>

>> I'm not an Ardour user myself, just lurking the list, because I wish
>> to be informed about Ardour3.
>> IIUC you wish to pan the audio signal of an effect. Panning the
>> signal is ok? But panning the effect won't work?
>>
>> I can't speak for Ardour's mixer, but I guess it will be comparable
>> to a "hardware" mixer and referring to a Wiki on German,
>> http://wiki.datentraeger.org/index.php?title=Ardour-Tutorial/Der_Mixer,
>> Ardour does know insert and send (aux) effects.
>>
>> Add the effect as an "insert effect" just for the needed channel or
>> group, don't add this effect as a "send effect".
>>
>> Hth,
>> Ralf

Teza,

what manual are you reading? What exactly doesn't work?
There's a quick guide on English here:
http://www.64studio.com/manual/audio/ardour/introduction
And of course there're the FLOSS pages: http://en.flossmanuals.net/Ardour
And there's a lot of more information about, I guess "the most used
Linux audio app" in the web.

Perhaps you could add more information about your trouble, e.g. "I use
"Touch" mode for automation, but this and that doesn't happen".

Do you have experiences with "hardware" mixing consoles? Do you have
experiences with other, similar audio apps? It's important to know about
this.

OT: Are you using Linux?

Cheers!
Ralf