[Ardour-Users] Ardour for iPad?

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 04:23:15 PDT 2010

There are a couple of catches to the VNC like approaches, one of the big
ones being that data bandwidth required is not even comparable.  The other
one though is that I don't think most of those options can handle
multitouch, which is the big thing for me, being able to modify a couple of
faders at the same time, rather than having to do one at a time.  If it was
just one at a time I would just use something like a faderport, or just use
the mouse, but the point for me is to be able to do things faster, which
requires not being limited to one track.

So yes you CAN remote control via VNC, but this is aimed as a different
solution that fits the needs of many people better I suspect.  I want to see
how things go before I try to invest $500+ in it, but compared to the $1000
I spent on my Mackie Control, and the portability of said unit vs this, this
is a viable option, especially for me to use on the road.

         Seablade