[Ardour-Users] Destructive editing

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sat Oct 31 14:35:04 PDT 2009

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> I'm sure I remember having an option to assign the number of tracks to
> an exported track last time I exported.

you can decide which tracks you want to *use*, but you will currently
only ever get a 2-channel output. there's no way in ardour2 to directly
export a 3 or more channel file.

that's where sox -M comes to the rescue: just record everything to an
N-channel track and merge the individual channels into an interleaved file.

iirc, sakari bergen has worked on a more flexible export dialog for
ardour3, but i haven't tried it yet.

best,

jörn

--