[Ardour-Users] Destructive editing

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Oct 31 03:45:32 PDT 2009

On 10/31/2009 09:41 PM, Ray Rashif wrote:
> 2009/10/31 Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net
> <mailto:nettings at stackingdwarves.net>>
>
>     > But anyway, 2.X can't render stems.
>
>     not sure if i understand what you mean by "stems", but ardour can
>     bounce/consolidate/whatever pretty much anything you throw at it.
>

> So how should I export/bounce/consolidate  24 separate tracks so I
> have 24 processed audio files?

One way to do it with Ardour is to select the tracks and export the
selection to disk using multiple outputs.

Another way would be to trim all the tracks and then export them all one
by one or two by two or four by four etc...

Then you can simply delete the original tracks from the session and if
you feel like it completely delete them from your disk too.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd