[Ardour-Users] Join different regions

Paul Winkler slinkp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:52:07 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 04:38:11PM +0200, Mr.SpOOn wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm pretty new to Ardour so this may be a stupid question.
>
> I'm using Ardour to record a Podcast. Actually I recorded firts in
> Audacity, but now I'm trying to put all together here in Ardour.
> I need to edit different parts of the recording. Very often I need to
> reduce silence in the speech. To do this I use the "range" tool,
> select the silence I want to cut and then press "del". This creates
> two new regions. Now with the object tool I move the second region
> near the first one and then go on.

"splice" mode might make this task quicker...

> After doing this some times I have
> a lot of regions. Is there a way to join them all to have just one
> region?
>
> I think the answer is no, because this would mean to actually change
> the audio file. So, what is the best way to proceed? Shall I export a
> selection of all regions and then import it again or shall I work with
> all the regions splitted?

Not sure I understand why it matters.  Is there a reason you want one
region?

If you really need to, you can select a range, right-click and select
"bounce range to region list".  You can then drag the bounced region
from the region list into a track. This is probably quicker than doing
an export / import.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com