[Ardour-Users] Join different regions

Axel Müller axel-mueller-74 at web.de
Wed Oct 14 08:12:33 PDT 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:41:21 -0400
Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Mr.SpOOn <mr.spoon21 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think the answer is no, because this would mean to actually change
> > the audio file. So, what is the best way to proceed? Shall I export a
> > selection of all regions and then import it again or shall I work with
> > all the regions splitted?
>
> https://ardour.org/node/1234

This thread is quite outdated!

Since quite a few releases there is the consolidate function: Use the
range tool to select the range you want to consolidate and then from
the context menu of that range click "consolidate range". A new audio
file will be rendered and the regions in that range will be replaced by
the new corresponding region.

Axel - the C.L.A.