[Ardour-Users] Join different regions

Mr.SpOOn mr.spoon21 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 07:38:11 PDT 2009

Hi,
I'm pretty new to Ardour so this may be a stupid question.

I'm using Ardour to record a Podcast. Actually I recorded firts in
Audacity, but now I'm trying to put all together here in Ardour.
I need to edit different parts of the recording. Very often I need to
reduce silence in the speech. To do this I use the "range" tool,
select the silence I want to cut and then press "del". This creates
two new regions. Now with the object tool I move the second region
near the first one and then go on. After doing this some times I have
a lot of regions. Is there a way to join them all to have just one
region?

I think the answer is no, because this would mean to actually change
the audio file. So, what is the best way to proceed? Shall I export a
selection of all regions and then import it again or shall I work with
all the regions splitted?

Thanks and sorry if I made it more complex than it actually is.

Bye,
Carlo