[Ardour-Users] Hardy or Jaunty

Kees van Veen kees.vanveen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 23:39:24 PDT 2009

I can confirm this, had serious trouble with high cpu loads (and xruns)
with the rt kernel that Jaunty ships with, while with Hardy I didn't
have these problems. I upgraded because of jackd which is vs. 116 in
Jaunty, Hardy has 109.

I 'solved' it by installing 2.6.29.1-rt8-custom as mentioned in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-rt/+bug/366352
(downloaded the one from Travis Carter). Running fine with that kernel now.

Regards,
Kees