[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3.0 build problem

Henry W. Peters hwpeters at jamadots.com
Thu Oct 8 16:52:59 PDT 2009

But that is just it... I know this, & have seemed to get all the
appropriate dependencies up to THOSE ONES (maybe 8 of them)! I found not
even the non "-dev" versions of those I listed... (except the headers
for "header boost/weak_ptr.hpp" etc., which may be another kind of
problem (?)),  & basically, looked thru the wiki on installation... &
found no instructions on *those* items.

I have built (say) Ardour 2.xx quite a few times... struggling with
installation of the dependencies, etc., with some differing versions of
my distro (Ubuntu), got the program to run, but had digital audio input
problems (probably sound card, etc., compatibility?) with it... so
Ardour as a *functioning* program (I have been doing digital audio for
maybe 15 years, much of which was with Pro Tools, when I ran Mac OS, pre
version 9.0), as is (the so-called "stable" version), is strictly a
hypothetical, for me; point is, to reiterate, & emphasize, version 2.xx
is not a useable program for me... I was hoping to see if there were
issues that might have been resolved, so that I could reconsider
utilizing Ardour.

So if you are saying, even if you know better (re installation) & have
problems where documentation is not (at the least) apparently
available... too bad... or what?   & are you really saying you (who ever
"you" is) are not interested in some one actually trying to learn? That
would be just too sad.

Henry