[Ardour-Users] Ardour Manual Updates

Stephen Doonan stephen.doonan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:26:33 PDT 2009

Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> Screenshots:
>
> As we already discovered, PNGs need to be made without the Alpha channel.
> So, putting a call out to anyone that can use Inkscape or Gimp(Or
> similar).  The basics of the new screenshot annotation style is here...
> http://vm-nice.stackingdwarves.net:8888/ardour-en/384-ARDOUR.html
>
> We need to embed PNG files into the articles of course, but I would like
> to keep the source files as SVGs and attached to an article on Daisy I
> set up for this here...
> http://vm-nice.stackingdwarves.net:8888/ardour-en/388-ARDOUR.html

Regarding the annotating, drop-down menus are mentioned, but what about
pop-up menus? For example, how would you like the screenshot of the
mixer window to look? With the popup menus that occur when one
right-clicks the Strips or Groups pane, and/or the popups when one
clicks the Input and Output buttons, or the space for plug-ins? If too
many of the popups are visible, the screenshot for the window will be
obscured and perhaps too many areas covered up.

I'm just trying to get an idea of how to do this, and the answers may be
helpful to others who may consider the idea of making a screenshot or two.

Best wishes,
Steve
New Mexico, US