[Ardour-Users] many changes in 2.X SVN

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Oct 3 05:07:12 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Markus Schwarzenberg"

> using the default key bindings always act like "save view" here - no
> matter, how long the button is pressed. Yes, I removed my old
> ~/.ardour2/ardour.bindings before testing this
>
> [...]
>
> However, assigning  different shortcuts for save and goto now finally
> works, so I'm happy.

FWIW the problem I reported yesterday (no longer being able to open a recent
session from the 'Open Session' dialog) is now starting to look like it
might also be a problem with setting up keybindings.  These get loaded
immediately before opening the Editor window and subsequently loading the
selected session.  It looks as if something thereabouts is failing and
bypassing whatever function initiates loading the session - i.e. the Editor
opens but with no session present.

One thing that's puzzling me is that I can't find the response function that
handles the 'Open' keypress for that New Session dialog.  Once the editor
opens I can navigate to Session->Recent (which calls
ARDOUR_UI::open_recent_session).but I can't see what handles the New Session
dialog's 'Open' key.  Do you happen to know off the top of your head, Paul?

Cheers,

John