[Ardour-Users] Automating sends

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:42:11 PST 2009

2009/11/30 Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net>:
> Michael Bechard wrote:
>> How does one automate a send? I have version 2.8.2, UbuntuStudio.
>
> unfortunately, you can't do that at this point. what you can do is
> automate buses, though: just pipe each send into a bus. a bit kludgy,
> but gets the job done.
>

> --
> Jörn Nettingsmeier

I some ways I prefer it as I can visually see what bus automation is
doing while it gets difficult to see the internal automation inside a
send dialog. Most of the time for me what I'd be doing with send
automation might be duplicated across tracks so sending it to a bus
and doing it once seems more straightforward, but that's just me.

- Mark