[Ardour-Users] Ardour FLOSS Manual : proofing please!

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sat Nov 28 11:11:38 PST 2009

Hi all,

we wrapped up the book sprint in Rotterdam on Friday night, however I
and a few others are still going over the Ardour FLOSS manual--working
title: "Introducing Ardour".

The manual is looking *very* good now, and we hope to publish it on
the FLOSS Manuals homepage, as well as make it available for order at
cost from Lulu.com, on Monday. There is a bit of content left to add,
particularly in the MIXING SESSIONS section and Glossary. However,
besides that I'd like to call a freeze on any new content right now.

The first several chapters have been gone over quite extensively, but
it would be great if people would check the later ones, particularly
the chapters in the following sections:

EDITING SESSIONS
MIXING SESSIONS
EXPORTING SESSIONS
SAVING SESSIONS

These sections should be checked for accuracy, spelling and grammar.

And of course if anyone wants to take a stab at some of the Glossary
entries (all blank right now) that would be awesome!

The editing interface is here, and anyone can make a login and start editing:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Ardour/

Thanks again to everyone who joined us online this last week (too many
to mention by name at this point!!!!) and also at the moddr_lab in
Rotterdam.

Best!
Derek

PS....pls CC me directly with any replies to this mail.