[Ardour-Users] Ardour MIDI Kludge (AMK)

Peter Geirnaert peter.geirnaert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 03:39:08 PST 2009

The updated package builds nice on AVLinux2rc2.2 (didn't try the first one)

I extracted the package, clicked on build.sh, then clicked on the resulting
amk executable,
started Ardour,
'disconnect' the 'input' of a track,
then 'edit' the input and choose tab 'amk' > out, and do the same with the
output of that track, but choose 'amk' > in.
The second output of the track has to be removed for the MIDI to work.

I recorded some MIDI drums using a hi hat foot controller (=many cc#10
messages), but when I want to play the recorded data, I get lots of the same
error in the terminal where I launched amk:
RtMidiOut::sendMessage: event parsing error!

When I just record a few notes, they are played like I recorded them, no
errors.

The mute function of the midi-audio track also doesn't stop the midi from
being sent (or I'm using it wrong)

I'll test if it can record and send sysex messages later ...

Thanks already!
Peter