[Ardour-Users] Destructive editing

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:25:19 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Asbell, Henry C. <asbellh at umkc.edu> wrote:
> I'm using an Olympus LS-10.  Somewhat similar to the Edirol.  I like the
> LS-10 better.  The mics on the recorder are very good in situations
> where you need to record stereo with a simple 2-mic setup.  It will do
> 24 bit up to 96k sampling rate.

The LS-10 looks very nice. 24/96 capable. I wonder (but not a lot!)
about the less standard outward stereo mic placement. Seems that it
will record quite a lot. It has 2GB internally and supports SDHC
cards. $233 at Amazon.

The Zoom H4n has the more accepted inward stereo configuration. 24/96
capable. Uses SDHC cards up to 32GB. Has an external wired remote
option. Bigger and clunkier I think. $299 at Amazon.

The Edirol R-09HR is the 24/96 version. Internal forward facing mics
as best I can tell so not an X-Y config. Uses SDHC cards up to 8GB.
Has a wireless remote included. $277 at Amazon. I wonder if a single
wireless remote could start recording simultaneously on more than one
R-09HR. I could be interested in that myself.

If I had $1K spare I might buy them all. They all look quite nice.

- Mark