[Ardour-Users] Destructive editing

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Mon Nov 2 07:39:54 PST 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009 07:47:21 am Rob Quin wrote:
> The originals are at 16 bit because that's the best that my field recorder
> will do. Till I have spare cash to invest in something better I'm stuck
>  with that.

When you do find spare cash, a good portable recorder to invest in would be an
Edirol R-09 or its successor.  24 bit 48kHz WAV recording on SD card.
Unbalanced mic and line in on 1/8 inch stero jacks, headphone out on 1/8 inch
stereo jack, built-in stereo electret mics, input level meters and controls.
Can drive a low-voltage phantom-power-needing mic (like Audio-Technica's
Pro24, or even a headset mic like a Plantronics).