[Ardour-Users] Ardour 5.1/7.1 mixinig

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Nov 18 06:20:38 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Giorgio - Audiophilo
<anomalsound at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi i'm new in this mailing list. Can anybody tell me a good howto for Ardour
> 5.1/7.1 mixing?

Its really very simple. You can't. Sorry about that. I know that 5.1
and 7.1 are considered "hot", but they've never interested ardour
developers enough to work these formats. If you are just doing
multichanel setups, consider using ambisonics, which does have fairly
good support in Ardour (better than in any other DAW, anyway).
There is good documentation on doing this, both on the ardour.org
website and elsewhere.

--p