[Ardour-Users] ardourvst on jaunty

Jari Suominen jari.suominen at helsinki.fi
Sun May 31 10:44:18 PDT 2009

Lainaus ". m u r m e r ." <murmer at murmerings.com>:

> speaking of ardourvst on jaunty, in there a reliable how-to or
> tutorial on how to get it up and running? the most recent one i've
> been able to find is this one for hardy:

> does that look ok for jaunty as well? the comments imply that a lot
> of people had problems following the instructions...

Well the building instructions at the Ardour website are quite
straight forward to me. Of course you could cut couple of corners as
many required libraries are already installed. But now without
Steinberg hassle it is much easier. I think that the some kind of
version log for nice Wine versions would be nice though.

But now it would be even simpler to just provide a deb package for
Ubuntu after it has become legal. But I don't have a clue how that
would work. Didn't find easy enough instructions for that.