[Ardour-Users] Can anyone help with a Linux problem ?

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 28 04:05:14 PDT 2009

Thanks David and Ralf.

David - I just tried deleting xorg.conf.  Interestingly, it doesn't seem to
be getting re-written although you were right - my PC boots up fine without
it.  The only problem is that I think it's selecting the old ("nv") driver
which is the one that I'm trying to get rid of.... :-(
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ still contains the old "nv_drv.so" as well as
my newly installed "nvidia_drv.so".  Should I try deleting nv_drv.so or is
that just asking for trouble?

Ralf - I already tried the 64studio forum though not, admittedly, the
mailing list.   The forum used to be a great place for getting 64studio help
but it's pretty inactive these days, which is a shame.  I don't know about
the mailing list though.  I've never tried the mailing list.  Do you know if
it's any better?

John