[Ardour-Users] Zoom focus (saving problem)

lieven moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Fri May 22 06:33:39 PDT 2009

John Emmas wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "lieven moors"
>>
>> I can confirm this bug as you described it in 2.7.1 (rev 4296). But zoom
>> focus edit does work as it should.
>>
> Thanks for confirming the bug.  I'll add it to Mantis, later today.  Just
> out of interest, what should Zoom Focus Edit actually do?  I assumed it
> might be a leftover from the days when there used to be a separate
> Edit cursor but it sounds like that assumption must be wrong.
>
> John

You can now choose what you want to use as a position reference for
editing. There is a dropbox called "edit point" from which you can
choose between: playhead, marker and mouse (position of mouse determines
edit point). So if you choose "edit point" for the zoom focus, it
appears to me that the setting of this dropbox would determine what is
used as reference for zooming.
I noticed something strange though in my version. The zoom focus menu
(under View) shows me six options: left, right, center, playhead, edit,
mouse. But there is also a zoom focus dropbox at the bottom of the
editor window which has also six options, but slightly different: left,
right, center, playhead, mouse, active mark. You would think that having
"left, right, center, edit point" would be enough to have all possibilities.
Maybe this has changed in 2.8. Can anyone confirm this?

Greets,

Lieven