[Ardour-Users] What happened to the Edit cursor

Jonathan Stowe jns at its-going-to-be-fabulous.com
Thu Mar 5 01:44:38 PST 2009

Hi,
2009/3/5 John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk>:
> When I first looked at Ardour (back in the days of 0.99) I have a vague
> memory of seeing two cursors. The red one was the Play cursor and there was
> another one (blue?) which I think was the Edit cursor.
>
> This morning I happened to be reading the Ardour manual which still makes
> reference to the Edit cursor but it doesn't seem to exist any more AFAICT
> (unless I've somehow managed to switch it off).  Either way, it's a long
> time since I saw that blue cursor.
>
> Is the Edit cursor still around or is the manual out of date?

The manual is out of date :-)  I'd guess that the edit cursor
disappeared about a year ago (I can remember the conversation but
can't remember when it was :0)

The basic idea now is that there are many "edit cursors" which are the
markers - create a new marker and click on it and you will see a blue
line.

/J\
--
http://rabidgravy.com/ - Music