[Ardour-Users] Live Recording Techniques

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Jul 21 07:44:56 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Christopher
Stamper<christopherstamper at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all the great info, everyone! I actually feel like I'm ready to
> do the recording... :-)
>
> One more question: reading the OS X docs one the ardour site, I noticed
> this:
>
> 'This section does NOT apply to users of the SAE version, which comes with
> JACK as part of the package.'
>
> What is the SAE version? Did I get it if I just used the version from the
> download page for x86 macs? (I don't have access to the machine right now to
> check)

In this era, you are advised to use google before asking questions
like this. You will save other people lots of time and will get the
answer more quickly yourself.

The SAE version is a special version of Ardour built for the SAE
Institute. It is not available via http://ardour.org/download but can
be freely downloaded. Use google to find out more.

--p