[Ardour-Users] Ardour finds VST plugins, but I didn't build VST support..??!

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 1 10:43:38 PDT 2009

I just built ardour 2.8 from source. When I look in the plugin list I see it has picked up some (not all) of the VST plugins in my VST_PATH. (I've been experimenting, without any success' with using FST, but it just crashes.. anyway..)

I used scons PREFIX=/usr, that's all.

If I insert the plugins I can even get a GUI up (not a fancy VST one, just a standard Ardour one) but I can get no audio out of them.

So this raises several questions:

1) How the blah is this working?
2) Can I make it work better so I can actually use my VST plugins?

Ta,

Mark