[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Stephen Doonan stephen.doonan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 09:25:40 PST 2009

I have no idea whether the following ideas would work or have merit, but
I thought I would mention them--

* Government grants -- As others have mentioned, perhaps applications
for government grants could be written and submitted to appropriate
government agencies.

* Educational institutions -- Perhaps some arts-oriented educational
institutions or programs within educational institutions would be
interested in supporting Ardour financially and popularizing its use in
their programs.

* Donate for your favorite features -- Perhaps a list of features that
developers are working on or plan to work on, or which are requested by
users, can appear on a web page. Each feature would have a "Donate to
this feature" button (linked to PayPal for example), and developers
would give priority to and work more on the features that receive the
most donations. (I would probably donate fairly regularly to
MIDI-related features, for example).

Steve