[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jan 8 13:46:07 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 21:57 +0000, John Rigg wrote:

> I don't object to paying for Ardour (and I certainly don't begrudge
> the meagre subscription fee) but the extra effort of removing
> this stuff before being able to use the latest code would
> probably discourage me from doing so. It has to be possible to
> get svn code that is free of these things even if it means paying.

Aha! So the plan emerges. I totally screw up the public releases with
blinking banner ads, RSS tickers, nag screens and IP-based "phone home"
stuff, making the program very unpleasant to use and THEN ... start
charging for access to the "clean" version only available via for-fee
SVN.

I love it when a plan comes together!