[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 08:07:31 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamie McLaughlin"
Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

> I would be completely against a model where you had to pay to download.
> Such a model would inevitably hinder the distribution of the software

Sorry to have to keep clarifying this point - but free downloads would still
be available.  You'd only have to pay if you wanted to access the code using
SVN (and even then, it would be a small fee, payable only once).  If you
chose not to pay the fee you could still obtain the latest release, together
with its source code for free.  Your only problem would be that if
something's been improved in the s/ware, you'd need to wait for the next
official release.  That's the price you pay for saving your $35.

John