[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jan 8 05:13:14 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 14:04 +0100, Cassiel wrote:
> Ardour is great, for sure, but if the goal is to earn 5000$ each month
> from 200-300 end users I would suggest to constitute a company and
> simply sell Ardour just like any other proprietary software and
> without the community support for testing and bug reporting.

the goal is to earn $7000 a month from 2000 contributing users and 5
companies. that would still represent a substantial paycut over what i
would earn if i took a conventional job as a programmer, and would be
without any other benefits (no health insurance, no pension), but it
would be worth it to be able to keep working on this project.

say, US$2.50 a month from each of 2000 users plus $400/month from 5
companies. how hard could it be? (thats a rhetorical question).

and these numbers don't reflect the substantial value of the work of
other developers.

--p