[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Jan 7 22:13:05 PST 2009

I fscked the list from my last post but have righted it now...

sonofzev at iinet.net.au wrote:

>     Okay this is sounding better.. .
>     I'm starting to get your point about community...
>     The caveat for me would be automatically turning off while
>     recording but this is an interesting issue.. would that include
>     having any controls set to "write" mode.
>     Ability to pay one off fee to disable it or maybe even better have
>     an "on/off" button for those who want to feel more involved ...
>     (maybe annually?? or per x number of versions???)
>
>     Ability to advertise work....
>
>     This space could work in a way similar to public radio (as it
>     works in australia)....... where effectively there could be some
>     kind of artists subscription.. where people could subscribe at a
>     higher rate and get promoted via the feed (rather than just the
>     website)...
>
>     I do think there is a lot of work involved in the  actually
>     providing content to the feed as you said yourself... and maybe we
>     simply need to get a feed running to start with before it is
>     included as part of the app??

I think it would be handled with a few minutes of time per update. Once
it is up and runnign it shouldn't be too difficult to automate.

There are a couple of options for user contributions too. Via the drupal
members section and via email. Someone would have to moderate and
approve all posts but it wouldn't be more than a few minutes a day so
that is not a major task. The trick would be to make it simple to submit
and approve a submission. I'm not sure how Paul would feel about having
to go to the portal to approve submissions so possibly an email approval
system would be simpler or maybe a custom built interface which can be
run on the desktop?

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey