[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 10:47:55 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Cosgrove"
Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

> That's fine for the folks who get tarballs.  But, that also delays
> wider testing because people might wait for a tarball to do their
> testing.  How would that work?  Pay to be a tester?  Hmmm.

Flawed logic, I think - because anyone who only tests the "stable" versions
isn't really a beta tester.  Beta testers would probably be the easiest
category to deal with....  anyone who notches up a certain number of entries
in mantis can apply to have their $35 refunded.  But I seriously doubt that
anyone would ask for a refund.  Come on guys - we're talking about 35
dollars here!

John