[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Wed Jan 7 10:03:46 PST 2009

I also vote no, if my opinion counts at all.  We need more
subscribers.  It would help if more people knew about ardour.
I used ardour to help a friend record a vocal track.  He was blown
away by the software.  To him it was fast, easy, and he loved the
control surface support.  Now, if I could just pry him away from
Vista.

I've seen a bounty system in mantis.  I didn't dig into that much,
but I suspect it's a way to pay to escalate a feature request or bug
fix.  That's attractive to me, and seems like a smaller scale of
company support.  Sometimes I'm surprised by new features which end
up being great for me, like the sliders in the editor window in 2.7
(or was it 2.6 when they showed up).  I'd be happy to pay a bounty
for new features that do nice things for me, even though I didn't
request that up front.  That seems like a nice feedback mechanism to
the developers too.

Cheers...

--
Kevin