[Ardour-Users] My Recent Struggles With the RT kernel and Ardour - With Happy Ending

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 08:34:28 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Joe Hartley wrote:
>>> I haven't tested the mobo with the onboard sound turned on (why would I?).
>>>

>> No reason in the world :)
>>

> Depending to the needs of the users, on-board sound is needed for
> MPU-MIDI, HDMI and stuff like that. I guess it's wise to disable
> on-board sound, but it would be good if it would be possible to use
> on-board audio devices sometimes too.
>
> Happy New Year!
> Ralf

I use on-board sound all the time. It's a stereo output that's output
and then run back into an 8 channel A/D which is one of the pieces of
hardware hooked to my main card which is an HDSP 9652. The on-board
sound chip works for all the Gnome sound apps. The HDSP us used
primarily for Jack apps.

- Mark