[Ardour-Users] Freeze a track?

Geoff Beasley geoff at laughingboyrecords.com
Thu Jan 1 17:05:07 PST 2009

I would strongly recommend that "freeze"  be for regions ONLY. I have never in
all my born days "accidently" moved a fader or pan but I sure as hell have
nudged a region or two in my time; and in tracks with literally hundreds of
edits that's a real problem. And in any case, simply move the bloody thing
(fader) back to where you want it! There is no such thing as a track that fits
so perfectly during an edit phase that it's balance mix settings must NEVER
change ;) This proposition is way over complicating the freeze feature. Simply
fix the bugs and leave it be. Perhaps the lock feature would be the one to
modify for this kind of outcome. It's a more appropriate descriptive for me
anyway; " to lock all regions and audio pathways"

best to all and may 2009 bring us peace and prosperity.

--
Geoff Beasley.
Composer,Performer,Producer.