[Ardour-Users] ardour 3.0 version 4499 crashing while recording.

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sat Feb 7 08:16:49 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 00:11 +1100, allan k wrote:
> I recently had been trying ardour 3.0 on a test version only basis but
> when I tried to compile 2.7.1 again tonight for production purposes for
> some reason unknown to me (I think newer version of jackdmp where I
> can't disable jackmidi...) I can't get MMC sync to work... so I went
> back to ardour 3.0 but it keeps crashing during the recording, giving
> the following output.

3.0 is not nearly as stable as 2.7.1. Actually, the fact that there are
no release candidates / beta versions / etc. around should give users
the hint that 3.0 is not to be used for anything but testing.

> ardour-3.0: libs/ardour/audio_diskstream.cc:661: virtual int
> ARDOUR::AudioDiskstream::process(ARDOUR::nframes_t, ARDOUR::nframes_t,
> ARDOUR::nframes_t, bool, bool): Assertion `rec_nframes <=
> ap->get_audio_buffer( nframes, offset ).capacity()' failed.
> Aborted

Can you give a more detailed description of when this happens and at
what sort of track configuration? What I'm interested in is:
  Does it crash when starting to record, mid recording, at stopping?
  How many inputs does the track have? how many outputs?

 Sampo