[Ardour-Users] Plugin help

Henry W. Peters hwpeters at jamadots.com
Wed Dec 23 14:02:55 PST 2009

Hi Lamar,

I downloaded it & built it from source.

1.) Don't pay too much attention to the directions in the "install"
file, I had to do ./configure, make, (sudo) make install , not just
'make install' (other distros do this differently?).

2.) I have to figure out how to get it to connect to my sound card, the
'hw:0' that jackd uses does not work... I'll see if there is some
support at the GWC home page.

But it does look like a useful program... Thanks much for sharing this
information!

Regards,
Henry

P.s., I also found a link at the GWC home page
<http://gwc.sourceforge.net/>regarding disc audio analogue/digital
conversion: <http://www.tappin.me.uk/Linux/audio.html>, in case any here
may be interested (there were other links too). The person who did this
page, did not list Ardour as a (potential) audio editing program (that I
saw), for these kinds of projects... perhaps someone a little more long
term involvement with Ardour might be able to diplomatically suggest
this possibility? Well, anyway, just a thought, for what ever it is
worth, toward all the outreach discussions I have seen on this list (I
might do this at some point).