[Ardour-Users] suitable multi-channel recording card?

Jonathan Stowe jns at integration-house.com
Fri Dec 18 00:33:52 PST 2009

Hi,
On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 13:13 -0800, Glarbl_Blarbl wrote:
> I've had good luck with the Presonus FP10 firewire I/O, it's 8/8
> analog with an insert on ch 1&2 and spdif i/o as well -- runs up to
> 96kHz/24b.  IIRC it's running for about $300-$400 right now.

I can vouch for the FP10 as well.

There is one caveat with firewire interfaces, you may want to check the
FW chipset that your computer uses as some work a lot better than
others, check with the ffado web site and that of the manufacturer of
the interface.  The recommended chip set is by Texas Instruments.

You can check your hardware with:

   lspci | grep 1394

--
Rabid Gravy:    http://rabidgravy.com/