[Ardour-Users] Shaky Ardour... (true love?

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 14:35:07 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 03:50:35PM -0500, Christopher Stamper wrote:
> So, kinda OT, but I just had to say it. Ardour is not really that stable.

This has not been my experience. I'm currently using 2.8.4 on
Debian Lenny and so far it's been very solid and reliable.
If it wasn't I wouldn't be able to use it in my job.

I've been using Ardour for paid recording work since version 0.99,
which could be a little flaky at times, but subsequent releases have been
getting steadily more reliable. Most crashes I've experienced (with
recent versions anyway) have been caused by something other than Ardour.

John