[Ardour-Users] Ardour FLOSS Manual finale

Chris Hallinan challinan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 07:04:11 PST 2009

As a relative newbie to Ardour, I thought I'd read through the manuals
and add where I can.  In the process, I discovered an issue with
detaching and reattaching menus.  As described in InterfaceOverview,
in the section on Detaching and Reattaching Menus, when I click on the
downward pointing arrow, the menu disappears.  It is nowhere on my
screen, and I haven't found a way to get it back unless I restart
Ardour.  This was found on Ardour 2.3 which is the repo version for my
Ubuntu 8.04LTS.

I downloaded and compiled the latest version (2.8.4) and the behavior
is the same.

Anything else I can do to help isolate this?

Regards,

Chris

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Derek Holzer <derek at umatic.nl> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> FLOSS Manuals could really use some help today!
>
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Ardour/WebHome
>
> The Glossary is still very empty. That's the most content that still needs
> to be added. Short, non-technical definitions of one or two lines each
> please.
>
> Many terms can be copy pasted from
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/PureGlossary
>
> or from the Ardour Manual chapters in case anyone would like to help.
>
> The following chapters are finished or should be finished quite soon and
> need some proofreading as well:
>
> STARTING SESSIONS
> Understanding Routing
> Routing From Other JACK Applications
>
> MIXING SESSIONS
> Using the Mixer Strip
> Mixing Levels
> Panning
> Using PlugIns
> Using Sends
> Dynamics
> Equalizing
> Using Automation
>
> EXPORTING SESSIONS
> Exporting a Region
> Exporting a Range
> Exporting a Session
>
> SAVING SESSIONS
> Saving a Session
> Saving a Snapshot
> Saving a Template
>
> We hope to publish this thing TONIGHT!
>
> Thx+Best!
> Derek

Life is like Linux - it never stands still.