[Ardour-Users] What is this button for?

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Aug 5 04:48:58 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dragan Noveski"

> the button just do what it 'says' to be doing.
> first create a range selection using the 'range' tool (simply press 'r'
> key on your keyboard).
> once the selection is created, you can play this by clicking the 'diode'
> button.

Sadly I need to go out for the rest of the day - but here's what happens on
my system:-

1)  I create a range by dragging and I get 2 x range markers.
2)  I press the diode button but it has no effect.
3)  I press 'r' as you suggested but that has no effect either (i.e. the
diode button still does nothing).
4)  I right-click inside the range and click 'select range' from the popup
menu.  The selected range changes colour and each track acquires 'blocks' at
the beginning and end of the range.
5)  Clicking the diode button now locates the transport to some arbitrary
time and begins playback.

Surely that isn't right???

Cheers,

John