[Ardour-Users] getting started

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:21:25 PDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 2:10 PM, leandro roggerone
<bolivianoleo at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I`m a recently ardour user, I have found this tool and I think its
> great, i would like to learn to use it but i have no experience working with
> linux os, I would like to start for the beggining , I don`t know wich linux
> version should i install, i hope someone help me with some document or any
> tutorial that i can read to begin. thanks.
> ________________________________
> What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out

Ah, a discussion of religion!

OK, enough kidding. Welcome and best of luck. Ardour is a great tool.
you'll have a great time.

As for distros, that's a very personal question and one that's best
left up to you. If you've not run Linux before look into PlanetCCRMA
which runs Fedora under the hood.

You might also look into 64 Studio. I have no experience with it
personally but it seems many use it.

I run Gentoo. I do not recommend it for a newbie unless you have an
interest in really digging into Linux and learning a bit more than you
might on some other distros. Gentoo is completely built from source so
it's slow to get running the first time but very stable in my
experience.

Anyway, welcome and good luck.

Cheers,
Mark