[Ardour-Users] plugin automation editor logarithmic? possible to make it linear?

Rua Haszard Morris ruahm at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 14:48:45 PDT 2008

When I draw automation for a plugin parameter, e.g. the cutoff frequency for LS Filter (from the Steve Harris plugins - see http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa-swh/docs/ladspa-swh.html#tth_sEc2.67), the scale of the automation editor is non-linear. This means it is very fiddly to edit automation for the movement of a low-pass filter for example, as the low frequency area has very few vertical pixels ...

Does anyone else see this? Is there a way to fix the issue, or change a particular automation editor to a linear scale?

The issue is exascerbated by the fact that often the "height" for the automation lane changes the above audio lane's height - is this issue being seen by others?

Looking in the XML I see that there are min and max yvalues for AutomationList entries - can these be tweaked to zoom in on a particular range of interest? This would be a very useful feature. Are there any other options than "Absolute" for the "style" attribute? (and related, how advisable is it to go hunting around in the xml like this?)

thanks
Rua HM.

--
http://myspace.com/haszari