[Ardour-Users] Error instantiating MackieControlProtocol:

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 17:17:24 PDT 2008

This is correct Paul.  ALSA sequencer ports we had some random problems with
when we were testing it the first time around(Which caused a bit of a
headache in troubleshooting IIRC).  Thus why I said it was not set up
correctly, though I should have clarified it was not set up correctly for
use with a Mackie.  On OS X on previous versions I know there was a similar
problem, though of course you need to use CoreAudio ports, but I haven't
checked 2.61 yet to see if it still exists.  So long as you don't need to
use Ardour with a Mackie however it shouldn't be an issue no matter what.
How to set up ports correctly for use with a Mackie is documented by John in
the manual.

        Seablade