[Ardour-Users] Exporting multichannel (> 2) files?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed Nov 26 05:25:16 PST 2008

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 12:18 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> sorry if this is a FAQ whose answer I should have found by browsing
>> manual or mailing list, but I didn't find it so far, so: How can I
>> export wav-files with more that 2 channels?
>
> in 2.X you can't, sorry. 3.0 has a fancy export feature (maybe too
> fancy, but some people have already spoken favorably of it).
>
> one option ... its not very nice ... create a 10-input track, wire it
> up, and record to that track. make the native format be wav/16 and
> you'll be good to go.

or download and install timemachine:
timemachine -c N where N is the desired number of channels.
you can tweak the output format to be wavex or plain wav.
you'll need to crop it manually afterwards, though :(

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

Verantwortlicher für Veranstaltungstechnik

Audio and event engineer
Ambisonic surround recordings

nettings at stackingdwarves.net
+49 177 7937487