[Ardour-Users] OT: Plug-in development

Michael Dunn md at cantares.on.ca
Tue Nov 25 20:26:11 PST 2008

   As someone who's written some pretty intricate software before
(e.g., assembler), but who is totally unfamiliar with Linux/OSX dev
(or any other kind of "modern" environment), can anyone suggest the
simplest/quickest path for writing a plug-in? I'd prefer AU, but I
guess VST would make it more universal. Anyway, whatever's easiest. I
have very little time, so don't want to waste a lot of it learning a
difficult environment or API.

thx!!
Michael

p.s., it has to be able to handle 4-channel input.