[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.7 building terminates with (internal) libsndfile errors.

yawfle yawfle at nospammail.net
Fri Nov 21 22:53:02 PST 2008

Hi, i'm trying to build ardour 2.7 on slackware 12.1, haven't had
problems prior to 2.6, but the last few releases fail to compile with
this error:
 -----
 gcc -o libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.os -c -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
 -ffast-math -fstrength-reduce -pipe -DARCH_X86 -mmmx -m3dnow
 -march=i686 -msse -mfpmath=sse -DUSE_XMMINTRIN
 -DBUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS -Wall -DHAVE_LIBLO -Ilibs
 -DPACKAGE=\"libsndfile\" -DVERSION=\"ardour-special\" -fPIC
 -I/usr/local/include -Ilibs/libsndfile libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c
 libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c: In function 'psf_fread':
 libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c:319: error: 'EINTR' undeclared (first use
 in this function)
 libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c:319: error: (Each undeclared identifier
 is reported only once
 libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c:319: error: for each function it appears
 in.)
 libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c: In function 'psf_fwrite':
 libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c:360: error: 'EINTR' undeclared (first use
 in this function)
 libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c: In function 'psf_close_fd':
 libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c:404: error: 'EINTR' undeclared (first use
 in this function)
 libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c: In function 'psf_fgets':
 libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.c:419: error: 'EINTR' undeclared (first use
 in this function)
 scons: *** [libs/libsndfile/src/file_io.os] Error 1
 -----

gcc version is 4.2.3. Any suggestions for a workaround appreciated.
Thanks,
        yawfle