[Ardour-Users] embedded ogg/mp3

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 09:55:31 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 16:23 +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does ardour have support for embedded ogg/mp3 files yet?
>
> ogg - waiting for libsndfile release
> mp3 - no obvious way to do this

How about FLAC? I have no need for this in recording but there is a
read-only FUSE file system that you can write FLAC files and read them
back as mp3.

http://mp3fs.sourceforge.net/

Might be interesting for some applications like, recording and mixing
a bunch of stuff and then letting others listen to it, or grab copies
for their iPods, without the headaches of doing lots of conversions,
etc. I cannot see it as something that gets used in real-time, but who
knows...

Cheers,
Mark