[Ardour-Users] State of Gentoo for audio was Mac recommendations

Antonio Castellano stanzarossa at email.it
Thu Nov 6 23:29:33 PST 2008

i can advice you 64studio wich is based on debian (stability) and has
got very good performaces on my intel core 1,6 ghz, wich is not a
monster machine. it boots in less than 10 seconds and has the same if
not better performance than my old debian with custom kernel (maybe even
because i switched from kde to their version of gnome).
and the compatibility ith debian should give you al the packages you
need in conjunction with all the benefits from debian wich is a rock
solid distro.