[Ardour-Users] Mac recommendations

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Thu Nov 6 11:56:05 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 20:50 +0200, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 18:25 +0000, Matt Savigear wrote:
> > I think it might well be jack, what usually happens is jack stalls and
> > Ardour disconnects. I might try the SVN release this evening and see
> > where I can get. I have avoided it so far because I am using Gentoo so
> > the release version of jack always gets pulled into the package
> > dependencies.
> >
> > I assume it's just a checkout, make and make install?
>
> Checkout, sh autogen.sh, ./configure, make & make install

Oh, one thing about this. You will be in much trouble if your system
contains two versions of jack.

When you install jack in your distro, it is usually installed under /usr
(the jackd binary will be in /usr/bin/jackd). The default installation
location for linux source projects is /usr/local.

To make the subversion jack install under /usr do "./configure
--prefix=/usr" before you compile and install.

If you've already installed jackd under /usr/local, you can remove it
via "make uninstall" (just do that before you change the install
directory).

 Sampo