[Ardour-Users] 2.6.25.4-rt3 kernel options

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Wed May 28 17:55:29 PDT 2008

I've had a troubled week with x-runs here with this kernel. For me the
solution was to disable the 'radix' and 'cpu-group' options under 'general'.

Now I'm no kernel geek, but with these options enabled (and they were for me
from the vannila kernel) my x-run and x-runlet counts were huge. This action
has made all the difference. And the .25 kernel is fast... watch your
bootstrap fly :) I'm running 4 ice1712 cards in a multi-array and perhaps
that was a part of the issues here, in any case that's fixed it here. Btw,
I'm currently running jackd 0.106 and the system seems quite stable. Just
thought I'd let you  know. (Rui, Qjackctl is running fine again ;)  )

More knowledgeable folks i'm sure will follow up this thread.

hth

g.