[Ardour-Users] exporting individual tracks for mixing

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Thu May 22 15:13:28 PDT 2008

Hey All,

I have an Ardour  session with about 30 audio tracks, each of which contains
several regions.   I have done some gain control work with envelops but I'm
not using any plugins.  What is the cleanest (no lost quality) way to export
the tracks individually so that I can give them to a mixing engineer?
I was imagining doing it this way:
-A - join all the regions in a track and fill blank areas with silence
-B - right click on the resulting regions and export them individually

The problem with this approach is that A does not seem possible in Ardour,
and the method of export in B would not include the envelop work I've done.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

-f