[Ardour-Users] subscription support down, your ideas sought

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat May 17 21:57:07 PDT 2008

Ross Johnson wrote:
> That's the point of the open source model - to spread the work across
> as many hands and minds as possible so that each can contribute a
> little without having to earn a living from it. The problem then is to
> attract enough hands and minds.

I didn't follow the thread all the way, so it might that my idea isn't
new, sorry if so.

Even if there are less people interested in pro-audio with Linux, Ardour
has a good record. It might be interesting for students to work on the
project, because it'll be good for their reputation. Pioneering is much
better than to do what's up to date, what all other students will do as
well. Maybe it will help to asked colleges, resp. students with good
arguments.

Cheers,
Ralf